Covid-19 Support Room
How can we help you?
If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it visit NHS 111 online coronavirus service for advice.
Well-being while staying at home
Taking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visit NHS Every Mind Matters for advice, practice advice and support groups.
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support.
To stay fit and healthy whilst at home, try the NHS Home workout videos.
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan– Cancer and coronavirus
- Asthma UK– What to do if you have asthma
- Blood Cancer UK– Information for people affected by blood cancer
- Diabetes UK– Coronavirus and diabetes
- Kidney Care UK– Guidance for patients with kidney disease
Advice for Vulnerable Patients
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
- How to get support for extremely critical vulnerable person
- Advice for people at higher risk– those who are 70 or older, are pregnant or have a condition that increases the risks from coronavirus.
- Pregnancy advice
Emergency Support for Families
- A short video of Dr Ian Sykes, GP and chair of Sandwell & West Birmingham CCG, explaining who should get the jab can be found here
- A video of Halesowen GP Dr Gillian Love, explaining why the jab is important, can be found here
- A video of Dudley GP Dr Mohit Mandiratta reminding eligible people to get the jab can be found here
- A video of RWHT midwife Emma McCartney, explaining why the flu jab is important for pregnant women, can be found here
- A video about the flu jab from Dudley GP Dr Fiona Rose, filmed during her pregnancy, can be found here.
- Dudley Council has produced this poster setting out key risks and benefits of the flu vaccination in pregnancy - link opens a zip file containing copies in English and key community languages.
- In this video Walsall CCG Head of Medicines Management Sumaira Tabassum, who is a Muslim and a mum, provides advice to families about the nasal spray vaccine
- Dudley Voices for Choice has provided images of local residents Stephen and Joanne to help partners promote the flu jab to people with a learning disability